Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Gaming Hardware Collecting

Old 08-14-2014, 09:31 AM
DB Proprietor

geralds's Flag is: United States
Default Super smash bros 3ds

For Europe only release is all iv read up on this.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:30 AM

bboyside's Flag is: New Zealand Auckland
Default Re: Super smash bros 3ds

This looks nice, hope this also available for AUS/NZ.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:50 AM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

Wish it wasn't a 3DS XL! >.<
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:01 AM

Iwatasan's Flag is: United States Kokiri Forest
Talking Re: Super smash bros 3ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by geralds View Post
For Europe only release is all iv read up on this.
Looks like Japan is getting it too (except "Super Smash Bros." is being replaced by a more subtle Smash logo), for the "New Nintendo 3DS LL".

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghFEU4t_Pm8&t=29m22s

Somebody please help Nintendo name their shit better.

Last edited by Iwatasan; 08-31-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:46 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

so Japan will receive the far superior latest model with faster refresh rates and a much nicer 3D screen upgrade, and we in the west will have to settle for the dated model for a major player like smash bros, you would think a new 3DS version model would debut in the west as well, with a blockbuster game like smash bros, to get the word out that this is nintendo turning over a new leaf..but NO, they will blow the chance to take advantage to introduce the new 3DS alongside the massive hype smash bros will get from gamers and the media alike.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:35 AM

Iwatasan's Flag is: United States Kokiri Forest

Oh I don't doubt for a minute it's coming to the rest of the world. Being a Japanese company they just get their Japanese advertising done faster. Imagine the advantage Japanese players would have online against all other regions in SSB4 for 3DS with ZR and ZL buttons for instant grabs and a C-stick for instant smashes! That would be total bullshit, lol.

But Japan's limited edition SSB design is superior to Europe's if you ask me. I like the subtle logo a lot better than the more explicit text logo. What do you guys think?

No announcement for North America yet makes me think one thing right now...Black Friday. lol
Old 08-31-2014, 09:00 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

I will be superpissed if it's some black Friday retailer exclusive..from what I see in the Japan vs Europe special edition, is that the Japan one to me looks like a shinier darkesh burgundy reddish color, where as the PAL version looks like a brighter red matte finish..thats just my interpretation of the pictures...I actually enjoy collecting variants, I hope the US version is some other color and design...so far I plan on getting both PAL and JAPAN versions.

Last edited by Twisted; 08-31-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: edit
Old 09-02-2014, 11:20 PM

Romeo's Flag is: United States US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
Wish it wasn't a 3DS XL! >.<

Why? I can't play anything that small... it's basically a Game Boy Micro! The regular 3ds was made for kids hands. Plus the screen is WAY too small.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:00 AM
DB Proprietor

geralds's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
Why? I can't play anything that small... it's basically a Game Boy Micro! The regular 3ds was made for kids hands. Plus the screen is WAY too small.
Thats the idea though to be portable. To big and i find it to unconfortable and ruining the hole idea of portable.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:23 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
If I'm honest it's mainly because I have never liked the deign of any of the XL consoles. DSi XL nor the 3DS XL. I can't say I have ever had the problem that others seem to complain about with regards to the size of the normal 3DS either. The console is no smaller than previous handhelds that Nintendo has released all the way back to the GBC. lol Don't remember people complaining about the size of the consoles back then.

Also I'm not overly fond of the finish on the 3DS XL. For Example The USA got the Fire Emblem special 3DS console, Eurozone got the 3DS XL. The Euro 3DS XL was hidious in comparison. >.< The made a right hash job of it...

Mmmmm... Beautifull.

UGH! 0.0 Hidious. >.< So hidious infact, I shall hide it behind spoiler tags.

Spoiler!

Now imagine this Smash Bros design on the standard 3DS with the same metallic finish as the Fire Emblem one.

Also, don't mean to be rude, but it's pretty rediculous to compare the 3DS to a GB Micro. XD The Gameboy Micro definitely wasn't for those with oversized hands.

Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.

Last edited by Cosmic_Link; 09-03-2014 at 03:29 PM.