Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > SteelBook Collecting

Old 08-20-2019, 11:23 PM

gamecollector_nz's Flag is: New Zealand NZ
Default The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening G4 Futurepak and metal slipcase

The Futurepak is only available from Gamescom, metal slipcase available from Play-Asia but already pre sold out

Old 08-21-2019, 07:25 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening G4 Futurepak and metal slipcase

WOAH!!!! i thought these were PROTOTYPE only!!!??....where is the information that the metal slipcase was made available on PLAY ASIA!!?...can you shed some more light for us fellow collector's!? please with some article links of sorts!?...i hope i don't have to resort to ebay scalpers for that metal slipcase! if it's some sort of ASIAN exclusive!?
Old 08-21-2019, 07:45 AM

Default Re: The Legend of Zelda Link’s Awakening G4 Futurepak and metal slipcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
WOAH!!!! i thought these were PROTOTYPE only!!!??....where is the information that the metal slipcase was made available on PLAY ASIA!!?...can you shed some more light for us fellow collector's!? please with some article links of sorts!?...i hope i don't have to resort to ebay scalpers for that metal slipcase! if it's some sort of ASIAN exclusive!?

Here is the link:

https://www.play-asia.com/the-legend...-lan/13/70cw9v
Old 08-21-2019, 07:51 AM

Thank You for the information..i believe there might be some confusion in regards to that link..according to MetalPak/FuturePak official twitter account..these are merely prototypes and not officially releasing products..there intended as examples for the game industry developers and executives..ASIA countries U.A.E., Singapore, and Malaysia are getting a special set which is the standard copy of the game bundled with that gameboy looking steelbook in PAL collector editions without the art book..Asia is getting 2 variants, one with and without artbook. That is what that Play Asia link is alluding too..and NOT this metalpak/futurepak metal slipcase..that photo being used by PLAY ASIA is a "place holder" picture that is not updated unfortunately.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:17 AM

Gamescom came and went..did anything ever come out of it!? in regards to this neat ZELDA metal slip case!?
Old 08-31-2019, 08:30 AM

Another Asia exclusive steelbook

Old 08-31-2019, 09:27 AM

Sorry I post this to the wrong thread, should have it post to the G4 steelbook thread
Old 09-19-2019, 04:54 AM

Appeared from Chinese game shop, I wonder if it’s an exclusive steelbook?

Old 09-19-2019, 08:43 AM

WOW!!!...anyone can confirm this is a LEGITIMATE item? meaning officially sanctioned? there's been instances when ASIA countries retailers, make up their own "fan art" cases, out of generic china made "metal cases" when they've never been sanctioned or endorsed by the publishers..if it's a real genuine licensed item, then it's gonna be worth a lot, as a ZELDA item and a Nintendo item and for steelbook/metalpak/futurepak collectors.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:53 AM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

Which particular retailer? I don’t mind double dipping on the game to have this licensed or not.
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.