DLJUK's Flag is: UK
Default [CLOSED] WTB: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Dice Edition Steelbook

Item has been bought.

Last edited by DLJUK; 09-10-2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 09-08-2019, 05:13 AM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa
Default Re: WTB: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Dice Edition Steelbook

Willing to come down from my ebay price of 300 to 270 CAD. And I'll throw in a free FF Type-0 steelbook!
Old 09-08-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1888 View Post
Willing to come down from my ebay price of 300 to 270 CAD. And I'll throw in a free FF Type-0 steelbook!
See I might have been willing to pay like 200 CAD had it been the full Dice edition, but nobody has that up on eBay. Hard to see myself ever paying close to a 10x markup when I know every single person who owns it and is selling got off Amazon for ~£20 and most bought multiple.

Last edited by DLJUK; 09-08-2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: quote added
Old 09-09-2019, 04:32 AM

defiler's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1888 View Post
LOL, that might set you back, giving up the $2 that Steelbook cost!

Quote:
See I might have been willing to pay like 200 CAD had it been the full Dice edition, but nobody has that up on eBay. Hard to see myself ever paying close to a 10x markup when I know every single person who owns it and is selling got off Amazon for ~£20 and most bought multiple.
I agree, I missed out on the $20 special also and really want just the white steelbook. But most people selling them on Ebay are looking for a sucker that didn't know about it... and will find one eventually (but might take a year or 2). Even an offer of $9- for just the Steelbook falls on deaf ears to them.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Mirrors Edge 1 steelbook, of which there are 1000 of them, people sells them for hundreds of €.
So i dont find it that crazy that people ask these values for this one, of which there are very, very few of them (only 100 were sold, the rest was internal giveaway to people who worked in the game).

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
Mirrors Edge 1 steelbook, of which there are 1000 of them, people sells them for hundreds of €.
So i dont find it that crazy that people ask these values for this one, of which there are very, very few of them (only 100 were sold, the rest was internal giveaway to people who worked in the game).

Rarity or not, the fact the two of you with them up at that price have had them up for months, with no sales says something does it not?

As for the Mirror's Edge original steelbook, you might find a single sold listing for those prices in the past year or 2.

Several people, even someone here sold the Dice edition (full set, not just steelbook) for £100 or less, not sure how that translated to "I can get double" but I guess I wish you luck selling, because for that price it won't be to me.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJUK View Post
Rarity or not, the fact the two of you with them up at that price have had them up for months, with no sales says something does it not?
Im not the one selling them.
And you are talking about the UK person that has them on ebay?
He already sold some 7 or 8 of them

Quote:
As for the Mirror's Edge original steelbook, you might find a single sold listing for those prices in the past year or 2.

Several people, even someone here sold the Dice edition (full set, not just steelbook) for £100 or less, not sure how that translated to "I can get double" but I guess I wish you luck selling, because for that price it won't be to me.
Again, Im not the one selling them on ebay. On the contrary, i was the one who let other forum members know that is was selling on Amazon at 20£, i didnt tried to take any profit

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.

Last edited by Spect3r; 09-09-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
Im not the one selling them.
And you are talking about the UK person that has them on ebay?
He already sold some 7 or 8 of them

Again, Im not the one selling them on ebay. On the contrary, i was the one who let other forum members know that is was selling on Amazon at 20£, i didnt tried to take any profit
I didn't see it wasn't Mike replying, he is one of the two people with them on eBay who has had it up for like 6 months + without changing price.
My bad on that, my point still stands...just it was meant to be directed towards him.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler View Post
LOL, that might set you back, giving up the $2 that Steelbook cost!

Quote:
I didn't see it wasn't Mike replying, he is one of the two people with them on eBay who has had it up for like 6 months + without changing price.
My bad on that, my point still stands...just it was meant to be directed towards him.
My auction has only been up since the end of July. I remember why I listed it - Spec mentioned it had been going for a lot and when I searched it up, it seemed it had become quite scarce with only 1 person selling it. Myself not being a steelbook collector, I thought it would be a good time to sell (is this scalping or extortion?). Even if it had been 6 months, my strategy for selling very rare items is generally price high and wait - eventually, someone will buy it outright or make a good offer. After all, the steelbook is extremely rare and I already have the lowest price available. My listing has over 100 views and 5+ watchers, which is more than I'm used to for this kind of item. That I paid so little for it, or that you missed out, is irrelevant to me. As Spec mentioned, the steelbook is among the rarest. I am grateful he told us about it, another friend ordered it for me, and now I own it. I value it highly and I actually think 300 CAD is an appropriate price.

Anyways, I do not understand the fixation on retail price. Most steelbooks were originally free preorder bonuses; collectibles fluctuate with little regard for what the original buyer paid at retail. Or are you just salty that other people capitalized on a deal that you missed? In collecting, you need to exercise a degree of vigilance: if you don't hear about something in time before it sells out, you have to pay up if you really want it. All of us have been on the side having to pay the inflated price, as well as the side spotting a rare item and profiting. The amount of whining about scalpers, high-priced ebay items, not limit 1 per customer, etc on this forum is tiresome. I am glad that there are a lot of legitimately rare, sought after items that make good investments in this hobby. Its fun to search for them and it feels rewarding to own them. I think missing out on an item causes too many collectors to turn into proponents of mass production because they can't afford the item at value or can't stomach someone else profiting off them.

Apologies for turning your WTB thread into a platform for my thoughts on the hobby, but you did call me out in the OP for scalping/extortion.

Good luck on your search.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:16 PM
Site Supporter

Quote:
See I might have been willing to pay like 200 CAD had it been the full Dice edition
I actually overlooked this.

The listing linked below is for the full edition (you can read it on the Item description).
That guy is also a member here, probably if you contact him through here you can even get it cheaper since he can avoid the ebay fees.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirrors-Edg...cAAOSwfbhbqVb6

Closed Thread