Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > SteelBook Collecting

Old 10-13-2017, 03:47 PM

SBCollectorAl's Flag is: Germany germany
Default Friday the 13th Collector's Edition Steelbook

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2005155

I have found this steelbook in another forums but I have no idea how much you have to pay for it and how to get it.

Last edited by SBCollectorAl; 10-13-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:44 PM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: Friday the 13th Collector's Edition Steelbook

It was a kickstarter backer exclusive and I read you needed to spend at least $140 tier to get the steelbook.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:32 AM

vhal_x's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
It was a kickstarter backer exclusive and I read you needed to spend at least $140 tier to get the steelbook.
Yep, this is correct. I've got one due to me soon, can't wait I imagine some will end up on eBay x

Instagram/CollectingAsylum/Twitter
Old 10-15-2017, 07:35 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

i wonder since steelbook requires a minimum print run how truly exclusive will this steelbook actually be? especially since we've been down this road before like the supposed E3 exclusive Ni No Kuni II steelbook only to end up as a AUSTRALIA pre order bonus at some retailers,...i did not back this game, nor is it really up my alley,..but my biggest fear for collectors is some random ebay post sooner than later, where some seller in some far off distant land is sitting on piles of these and selling them off!..not to get off topic, but there was even a time, when one seller was selling like 10 Uncharted 2 Fortune editions, that were suppose to be very rare, but he had 100% feedback so i assume his crate of them were legit...not for nothing even LIMITED RUN games..some of the supposedly "sell outs" are questionable because one person based in France had multiple copies of several titles that he cleared out on ebay..and a lot of "indie" stores are getting Limited Run PS4/vita games in the US..and my cousin said he contacted one "indie" game store..since he had a relative in that area..and asked if they do "holds" for a game, so they don't havta drive out all the way out for nothing..and the guy said "if it's gone, we still can get'em"...so then he would'nt say much more..but that could mean anything really..so what i am saying is..these "exclusives" really are'nt as rigid as it appears to be.

Last edited by Twisted; 10-15-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: edit
Old 10-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
i wonder since steelbook requires a minimum print run how truly exclusive will this steelbook actually be? especially since we've been down this road before like the supposed E3 exclusive Ni No Kuni II steelbook only to end up as a AUSTRALIA pre order bonus at some retailers,...i did not back this game, nor is it really up my alley,..but my biggest fear for collectors is some random ebay post sooner than later, where some seller in some far off distant land is sitting on piles of these and selling them off!..not to get off topic, but there was even a time, when one seller was selling like 10 Uncharted 2 Fortune editions, that were suppose to be very rare, but he had 100% feedback so i assume his crate of them were legit...not for nothing even LIMITED RUN games..some of the supposedly "sell outs" are questionable because one person based in France had multiple copies of several titles that he cleared out on ebay..and a lot of "indie" stores are getting Limited Run PS4/vita games in the US..and my cousin said he contacted one "indie" game store..since he had a relative in that area..and asked if they do "holds" for a game, so they don't havta drive out all the way out for nothing..and the guy said "if it's gone, we still can get'em"...so then he would'nt say much more..but that could mean anything really..so what i am saying is..these "exclusives" really are'nt as rigid as it appears to be.
You are on point with this post.

I see it like this if is not hand numbered i dont trust 100% on the "limited release" status

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Site Supporter

Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada

Does anyone know what the minimum run for a steelbook is though?

Anyways, I like collecting steels as a hobby because they look cool on my shelf lol. For me, the value and exclusivity is secondary.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:14 PM
Site Supporter

I also dont care about how exclusive they are, if i like them i like them, i dont care if there is 100 or a 100000.

Was just saying that i dont give 100% credit to publishers saying is "limited" "exclusive" etc, because at the end we really never know.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Staff Member

GameTrigger's Flag is: Estonia Tallinn, Estonia

Couple years ago 4000 units was the minimum production number from Scanavo/SteelBook.
But market is changed and maybe they make also lower print runs today
Old 10-16-2017, 12:09 AM
Site Supporter

Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTrigger View Post
Couple years ago 4000 units was the minimum production number from Scanavo/SteelBook.
But market is changed and maybe they make also lower print runs today
I think it's lower now. I know for sure that the Dark Souls zaavi steelbook was limited to 3000. And I think Merch said that the new Xbox One X steelbook was only limited to 1300.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster51 View Post
I think it's lower now. I know for sure that the Dark Souls zaavi steelbook was limited to 3000. And I think Merch said that the new Xbox One X steelbook was only limited to 1300.
Wasnt the first Mirrors Edge steelbook also limited to only a few thousand?