January 20th, 2015 Michael Pica
The Borderlands Handsom Collection was announced today; a re-release of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel for PS4 and Xbox One arriving March 24th this year.
The standard edition will include both games and all DLC on a single disc, at a cost of a full price game ($60 in the US). Supposedly you’ll also be able to import your saves from your last-gen console. Also announced is a $400 special edition called the “Claptrap in a Box”.
Released world-wide and Limited to 5000 units across all consoles and all regions this edition will cost $400 and include a SteelBook, 12 exclusive lithographs featuring all of the vault hunters from the two games as well as a very cool remote-controlled claptrap.
The included claptrap uses an internal gyroscope to maintain balance, it’s controlled by an app available for iPhone or Android, features a camera mounted in it’s eye so you can see what it sees, and is able to spout several phrases, also controlled from the app. You can see it in action yourself below:
This edition will be available for pre-order “at select retailers” but
there is no word yet on which stores that will be.
UPDATE: Pre-Orders are now open in the US through Amazon.com
Playstation 4 | Xbox One
December 12th, 2014 Ayiu
Yesterday, late in the night, Square Enix have announced the Collector’s Edition of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. The game is a remake of the series spin-off that originally launched on PlayStation Portable in Japan in 2011 which is making its way to PS4 and Xbox One in March 2015.
The $99.99 USD Collector’s Edition of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD will come in a nice Collector’s Box with the following content, detailed by Square Enix, in addition to the game:
- Golden Steelbook Case: Featuring illustrations by world-renowned artist Yoshitaka Amano, this premium case holds both the game and soundtrack CD
- Composer’s Selections Soundtrack: Includes 15 tracks hand-picked by the game’s composer, Takeharu Ishimoto
- Final Fantasy Type-0 Manga: A complete 200 page manga comic establishing the world and characters of the game
- 80 Page Art Book: Dive into the war-torn land of Orience through its illustrations and art renders
- Ace’s Cards: Five life-size replicas of the iconic cards held by Class Zero’s Ace
- Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae Demo: Every copy of the Collector’s Edition includes a code for the FINAL FANTASY® XV playable demo. Be among the first to play the game with your order of FINAL FANTASY® TYPE-0 HD
The Collector’s Edition is also confirmed for both Europe and Australia, the purchase page will be available soon. People from North America can already pre-order it right know.
Update: The Collector’s Edition for people in Europe can be pre-ordered here via the Square Enix Store.
Thanks to ce.o member singer07 for the heads up!
December 11th, 2014 Ayiu
Today Chris Brown, product manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, has taken to the PlayStation Blog to reveal two Bloodborne Collector’s Editions. Initially scheduled to ship on February 6, the Bloodborne release date has now slipped to March 24 in North America and March 25 in Europe. Exclusively for PS4 both Editions come with some unique and exclusive items for FromSoftware fans.
Bloodborne Collector’s Edition (€79.99 EUR)
Very similar to the edition announced for North America the European Collector’s Edition comes in an artbox and includes the following content:
- SteelBook case
- Premium art book with exclusive concept art
- Digital soundtrack of the game
Bloodborne Nightmare Edition (€119.99 EUR)
Also I’m very happy that the recent Nightmare Edition rumors, circling around the web, have proven to be correct. The Nightmare Edition of Bloodborne includes the following items housed within a unique Book Tin:
- SteelBook case
- Premium art book with exclusive concept art
- Digital soundtrack of the game
- Bloodborne gothic notebook
- Quill & red ink set
- “Top Hat” Messenger skin
- Bell trinket
participating stores have yet to be announced, so please visit our community forum for further information.
November 5th, 2014 Ayiu
Update: The Special Edition of Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D is priced at £44.99 GBP and can be pre-ordered from the Offical Nintendo UK Store. Game UK also announced that pre-orders are starting tomorrow.
Nintendo Direct have revealed that a Zelda Majora’s Mask remake is coming to 3DS this spring! They also announced as part of this that there will be a Special Edition of Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D with the following content:
- Limited Edition Majora’s Mask Steelbook
- Limited Edition Majora’s Mask Pin Badge
- Double-Sided Poster
November 5th, 2014 Ayiu
Today, Square-Enix has announced details of the Collector’s Edition of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. The HD 2.5 REMIX is a remastered compilation of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix and will release in North America on December 2nd and Europe on 5th December 2014 exclusively on the PlayStation3.
The Collector’s Edition of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will cost you quite a few coins but for $99.99 USD / £79.99 GBP / €99.99 EUR you get a heck of a lot of stuff:
- Shadow Heartless plush toy – Included will be a 24 cm (9.4 Inch) tall plush toy of the classic Kingdom Hearts foe. Although a foe, he doesn’t feel like one he’s so soft and cuddly and cute
- 30-page art book – This art book includes a brand new never before seen sketch from Kingdom Hearts series director – Tetsuya Nomura. With 30 pages of artistic goodness covering concept and finalized artwork of heroes, villains, worlds, and weapons, this artbook also includes concept animation storyboards from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. The front and back cover were designed to mirror the artbook from the Limited Edition of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, so if you’re a true collector, it’s definitely not something to *ahem* Birth by Sleep on. The only way to obtain this artbook will be in this Collector’s Edition!
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX game discs – You get both HD remastered games with all new alternative disc artwork of everyone’s favorite protagonist – Sora
- HD Collector’s steelbook case – The steelbook case will house both game discs and features artwork from both titles on the outside and inside of the case
- Exclusive Disney collectible pin – Perfect for you Disney pin badge collectors or those that like to collect Kingdom Hearts merchandise, this pin which is manufactured in limited quantities features Sora and Mickey Mouse back to back, with the iconic keyblade and a Mickey Mouse dangler. Made out of a soft enamel coating on metal, this pin stretches out to 1.68 inches.
The best of the lot is probably the Shadow Heartless plush toy if you ask me but with the addition of the art book and the Steelbook there is something for every taste.
The Collector’s Edition is up for pre-order at the SE boutique for France, UK customers please check back here and everyone from America please click here.
October 23rd, 2014 Ayiu
Today, Bandai Namco have announced that the upcoming fighting game Dragon Ball Xenoverse is out on 13th February for the Europe and Oceania regions on PS3, X360, PS4 and XB1. But that’s not all that was announced as we also got words on a Collector’s Edition called Trunks’ Travel Edition which will feature a 25cm Trunks Master Stars Piece figure with exclusive colouring.
Also, pre-ordering the game on consoles at participating retailers will get you:
- An amazing Shenron Black Metalcase
- Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta as a Playable Character
- 2 exclusive Frieza Soldier’s Battle Suites to customize your avatars
Dragon Ball Xenoverse is also launching on Steam but the Trunks’ Travel Edition is for consoles only.
October 1st, 2014 ingmar1988
It is a good year for Naughty Dog and art fans. Celebrating Naughty Dogs 30 year anniversary, art gallery Cook & Becker presents a collection of limited-edition fine art prints based on the concept art & the visual design of the Uncharted Trilogy.
We could already admire uncharted concept art in the just released Naughty Dog artbook, but now we can also hang some of the amazing concept art on our walls. Here are just a few examples of the artworks.
The prints are museum-grade Certified Art Giclees™ and are meant to showcase the visual design of the Uncharted franchise in the best possible quality. All prints have been extensively proofed by the artists at Naughty Dog and Cook & Becker’s master printer to get as close to the digital source as possible. All prints are hand-numbered, embossed with the Naughty Dog logo and have a digital signature. Some prints are also hand-signed via label and certificate by the artist aswell. Not all prints could be signed by the artists as some artists are not with Naughty Dog anymore.
All artworks are available now via Cook&Becker.
September 5th, 2014 Ayiu
Nintendo has revealed details on three different physical retail editions for Bayonetta 2 as well as a solid launch date for Europe and North America. Bayonetta 2 will be out October 24 and the most tempting version will be the First Print Edition which includes the following:
- The Book of Angels Leather, 3D Embossed
- The Art of Bayonetta 2
- Bayonetta Game Disc – Each game comes on its own disc
This pack will be limited to just 15,300 copies.
Next up is the Special Edition which includes both games but doesn’t include any of the extra goodies or special packaging. And finally, there’s the Solus Edition which is just Bayonetta 2 in a standard case.
In the UK the First Print Edition is exclusive to GAME UK and costs £59.99 GBP.
Thanks to ce.o member Letrico for the heads up!
August 15th, 2014 Ayiu
Yesterday Blizzard Entertainment revealed that the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion Warlords of Draenor has been set for a November 13th release date worldwide. Now Blizzard also have announced a Collector’s Edition which will retail for $90 USD according to Amazon.com & Gamestop.com;
The Collector’s Edition will also be available in most European countries as well as Australia for £64.99 GBP and $99.95 AUD respectively.
The Warlords of Draenor Collector’s Edition, which Blizzard says will be in “limited supply”, includes the following items:
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor — Get the full version of Warlords of Draenor on DVD-ROM
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray Two-Disc Set — Meet the development team behind the creation of Draenor and its savage warlords. This two-disc set includes over an hour of creators’ commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables
- Collector’s Edition Soundtrack — Immerse yourself in the sounds of war with the complete Warlords of Draenor orchestral soundtrack on CD
- The Art of Warlords of Draenor — Witness the visual evolution of the expansion in this beautifully bound tome of exclusive Warlord of Draenor art. Through 160 pages of concept pieces, finished illustrations, and CG images, you’ll delve into the art team’s vision for a Draenor under siege by the apocalyptic threat of the Iron Horde
- Blackhand Mouse Pad — Arm yourself with a special-edition mouse pad emblazoned with the deadly warlord Blackhand
- Epic In-Game Content:
- World of Warcraft Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet — Descend from the skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling
- StarCraft II Portraits — Summon the strength of two deadly Iron Horde war chiefs—Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand—as you take on the Dominion with these two StarCraft II portraits
- Diablo III Warsong Pennant — Don this battle-worn pennant and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary
- Hearthstone Card Back — Your adventures in Draenor will be the talk of the tavern after outfitting your champion’s deck with this custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.
Also, one character boost to level 90 is included in the Collector’s Edition, retail and digital standard editions, and Digital Deluxe Edition of the Warlords of Draenor expansion.
July 29th, 2014 Ayiu
Activision has officially announced two (2) new physical Collector’s Editions of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. The game is scheduled to release on November 4th, 2014 for PC, Ps4 & Xbox One.
Atlas Limited Edition – $79.99:
- Atlas Gorge Multiplayer Bonus Map – Atlas Gorge re-envisions the fan-favorite Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map Pipeline. The Atlas Corporation has commandeered the world’s largest power source, the Three Gorges Dam in central China, whose sinister backdrop creates a gripping setting for multiplayer battle. Combatants will navigate the shadows, explore the map’s new verticality empowered by exoskeleton technology, and control a map-based turret scorestreak that overlooks the dam and helps to keep enemies at bay
- Atlas Digital Content Pack – Inspired by the Atlas Corporation, the most powerful PMC in the world, this pack features an array of customized in-game content and more:
- Two (2) Weapons – The Bal-27 AE Assault Rifle and the Atlas 45 AE Pistol: Trick out your loadout with these two sleek weapons fitted with an Atlas Corporation theme to match your other custom content.
- Atlas Exoskeleton: Strike fear into competition with your PMC-issued, white, red & black custom Atlas exoskeleton, and ensure opponents remember who took them out.
- Atlas Helmet: A state-of-the-art custom Atlas helmet
- Atlas Player Card: Leave your mark on any killcam with an Atlas player card, featuring both a custom Atlas calling card & emblem.
- Five (5) Bonus Supply Drops: Be prepared for battle as soon as you boot up with five bonus supply drops, which unlock a variety of in-game content from player customization gear to weapons.
- Single Player Exoskeleton Upgrade Token: Over the course of Campaign mode, players unlock exoskeleton perks and abilities that help tackle various obstacles and challenges. This token provides an extra upgrade for your exoskeleton, so you’re already at an advantage when jumping into the Campaign
- Welcome to Atlas: Advanced Soldier Manual: The Atlas Corporation Operator Manual ensures that all recruits are equipped with the necessary intel to become a tier-one Advanced Soldier with Atlas. The manual features original concept artwork from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare creators, Sledgehammer Games, as well as historical and tactical information that will bolster every soldier’s potential for success in the field and prepare them to carry out Atlas’ global mission
- Official Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Soundtrack: Upgrade your playlist with a digital copy of the in-game score, featuring main title & themes by Harry Gregson-Williams as well as original music by Audiomachine
- Collectible SteelBook: Secure a limited edition steel game case featuring premium in-game artwork.
Atlas Pro Edition – $119.99:
- Includes everything above, and the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Season Pass